Stainless steel jewelry is made of a steel alloy that contains minimum of 10.5% chromium and less than 1.2% Carbon content.
The advantage is that it doesn’t corrode or rust.
Although it is also very durable, steel jewelry may get scratched and stained.
Bellow some simple rules to keep your stainless steel jewelry in good condition.
Things You will Need
2. Dish-washing or window-cleaning liquid
6. Jewelry polish or polishing cloth(optional)
7. Bags or pouches(for maintain)
Stainless Steel Jewelry Cleaning
Stainless steel jewelry is pretty easy to clean. Simply follow below steps:
1. Pour some warm water in a little bowl, and add some mild dish-washing or window-cleaning liquid.
2. Dip a soft, lint-free fabric in the soapy water, and then gently wipe the stainless steel jewelry with the damp fabric til the piece is clean. Once cleaning it, rub the jewelry along its polish lines.
3. Wipe the remaining soap off your jewelry using a wet fabric dipped in clean water.
4. Dry the jewelry well with a clean towel, and then leave your pieces to air dry.
After your stainless steel jewelry is cleaned, you will be able to use a jewelry polish or a polishing cloth to shine it.
Some people use toothpaste to clean the especially dirty spots of their stainless steel jewelries. Keep in mind, however, that toothpaste is abrasive. If you decide to use it for cleaning, make sure it is a non-whitening brand that does not contain silica, and use a soft cloth to rub the paste onto your pieces. Don’t forget to rinse the jewelry thoroughly after you are done.
An alternative to these cleaning methods is to purchase a stainless steel cleaner from the store and follow the instructions on the package.
Stainless Steel Jewelry Maintaining and Storing
Although stainless steel jewelry doesn’t tarnish or corrode and doesn’t need special care, it will scratch. That’s why you should wear and store your pieces in a way to minimizes any contact with other items that can damage your stainless steel jewelry. If your jewelry does get scratched, you can always have it professionally polished by a jeweler.
Store your stainless steel pieces individually from jewelry made of other metals. It is best if you retain your stainless steel jewelry in individual bags or pouches.
Questions? Contact us here
Comments? please join the conversations.
If you want to guest post on this blog please contact us.