Let’s go back to the history of a stainless steel, which also known as inox steel or inox. The source is from the French word inoxydable, which means a steel alloy.
Stainless steel has been discovered by Harry Brearley year back 1913 while investigating rustproof gun barrel.
Stainless steel does not easy to corrode, rust or stain as ordinary steel does, but despite the name it is not completely stain-proof. It is one minimum of 10.5% chromium and less than 1.2% Carbon content and it’s 100% recyclable.
Stainless steel is widely used as fashion jewelries as well as for other industrial applications. The most widely used stainless grades in jewelry production are the austenitic 304 and 304L. The second most used grades are the molybdenum-alloyed austenitic steels 316/316L.
Steel crystalline structure classifications are as follows:
- • Austenitic crystalline structure: austenite steels has 70% total stainless steel production. It comprises 0.15% carbon, 16% chromium, and adequate nickel or manganese.
• Ferritic stainless steels: it comprises 10.5% and 27% chromium, small amount of nickel and some lead. The contents include molybdenum, aluminum or titanium.
• Martensitic stainless steels: comprises chromium (12–14%), molybdenum (0.2–1%), nickel (less than 2%), and carbon (about 0.1–1%).
• Precipitation-hardening martensitic stainless steels: precipitation hardened to higher strengths. Most common, 17-4 PH, uses about 17% chromium and 4% nickel.
• Duplex stainless steels: mixed microstructure of austenite and ferrite, produce a 50/50 mix, and commercial alloys 40/60. Consists of high chromium (19–32%) and molybdenum (up to 5%) and lower nickel contents.
The highest demand of fashion stainless steel jewelry
As we go through the newest era, many of us envision what the future awaits and what it offers. When it comes to the hottest fashion of jewelry right now, stainless steel owns its place whether for men, women and youngsters. Widely used by world’s leading fashion brand jewelry and watch manufacturers.
To mention the famous brands, which include Fossil, Guess, DKNY, and Ben Sherman are made especially to enhance and discover the true elegance and wonders of stainless steel jewelry.
The fresh and impressive art of these jewelries are hard to resists because once you see it you cannot turn your back without buying one of them. It is just like a temptation that will never go away unless you can taste and satisfy that urge. Its alluring and gorgeous designs and its different varieties offers a wide range of unique colors, and artistic shapes.
When it comes to durability, the stainless steel excels from gold and silver because of its naturally hard alloy. It can be handled for a longer period of time apart from its 100 % recyclable materials. Versatility is one of its characteristics since the wide range of selective stainless steel fashion jewelry could conform to all of our needs, which exactly fit our desired style and fashion ways. Therefore, when it talks about stainless steel jewelries there is no second thought. That it is competitive and practical preferences, the first and world-class choice of this age of generation. As beauty comes in the eye of the beholder, stainless steel jewelry found its grace and essence through the entire fashion history of this 21st century.